Updated: May 2, 2023
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information of California residents who apply for employment with Early Warning Services, LLC (“Early Warning”).
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), its implementing regulations, and as modified by the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), this privacy notice is intended to inform California residents of the personal information we collect, how it’s used and disclosed, and the rights you have in regard to such information. We strive for transparency but if anything remains unclear, do not hesitate to contact us at the email address below with any questions or feedback you may have.
To make this Privacy Notice easy to find, we make it available on the homepage and in the footer of our Careers website. You may also call 888-598-1623 to request a copy by US mail.
By using our Careers website and applying for employment with Early Warning, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. In other words, please do not use our Careers website and/or apply for employment with Early Warning if you do not agree with this Privacy Notice.
What do you want to learn more about?
- When this Privacy Notice applies
- What personal information is
- Personal information we’ve collected, used, and/or disclosed
- How we collect personal information
- How we use personal information
- Who we disclose personal information to
- Minors’ privacy
- Your rights regarding your personal information
- How to exercise your data privacy rights
- How we verify your request
- Authorized agents
- Our data retention practices
- How we protect personal information
- Where personal information is stored
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
1. When this Privacy Notice applies
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information of California residents who apply for employment with Early Warning.
2. What personal information is
“Personal information” means information that identifies or can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. Examples of personal information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, email address, telephone number, IP address, device information, employment information.
Personal information does not include information obtained from public sources or information that is made available by federal, state, or local governments. Personal information also does not include deidentified or aggregate information.
3. Personal Information we've collected, used, and/or disclosed
If you’ve applied for employment with us in the past 12 months, we may have collected, used, and/or disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose(s):
|Categories of personal information we’ve collected in the last 12 months:
|Categories of sources from which personal information is collected:
|Business purpose(s) for collection, use, and disclosure:
|Disclosed for business purpose(s) to the following categories of third parties:
|Sold or shared to the following categories of third parties:
|Length of time personal information is intended to be retained: (unless subject to a legal hold)
|Personal and online identifiers (e.g., name, email address, postal address, IP address, unique identifiers)
|Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code (e.g., address, telephone number, education, employment history)
Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable California state and federal law (e.g., race, gender, veteran status)
We only collect this information if you voluntarily disclose it and as permitted by applicable law, and we will not use this information to make hiring decisions.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., your interactions with our Careers website)
|Professional or employment-related information
|Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above (such as any information you associate with your employment profile and employment background information (such as criminal history), information provided by your references, and drug screening results (as permitted by applicable law))
|Sensitive personal information (SSN, race, ethnicity, health information, etc.)
4. How we collect personal information
We collect personal information when you apply for employment with us, including:
- Directly from you: We collect personal information when you provide it to us (e.g., when you apply for a position with us, you provide your information to us);
- Passively from your device: We collect technical data about your device when you use our Careers website;
- From our service providers: We work with service providers that provide us with personal information to help us make employment decisions (e.g., service providers that perform background checks and drug screening).
- From government entities: We may collect personal information about you from government entities during the hiring process and to manage ongoing employment-related activities (e.g., we use e-Verify to confirm employment eligibility).
- Other sources: We may collect personal information about you from other sources, such as recruiters, prior employers and professional references, educational institutions, credentialing and licensing organizations, publicly available sources (e.g., LinkedIn), and other sources as directed by you.
5. How we use personal information
When you apply for employment with us, we collect, use, and disclose personal information for the following business purposes:
- To consider and act upon your application when you apply for a career position with us;
- To communicate with you about your interest in working at Early Warning;
- To conduct pre-employment screening;
- To prepare your offer letter and associated materials if you are offered a job at Early Warning;
- To arrange travel where applicable or reimburse you for expenses;
- To assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit (if requested by you);
- To verify your information and carry out employment, background, and reference checks, where applicable and/or where required or permitted by applicable law;
- Workforce planning, recruitment, and staffing;
- To protect the safety and security of our workforce, guests, property, and assets;
- Internal and external reporting;
- Legal compliance;
- Problem resolution (e.g., grievances, internal investigations)
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Responding to and defending against legal claims;
- Responding to law enforcement and other government inquiries;
- Protecting intellectual property rights, including but not limited to patent filings;
- Business planning, including planning for or executing mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; and
- Other one-time uses.
6. Who we disclose personal information to
We may disclose personal information with the following categories of third parties for the business purposes we described above in Section 5:
- the Early Warning Services, LLC corporate family;
- Early Warning employees with a need to know based on the performance of their duties;
- our service providers (e.g., companies that help us during the employment process);
- law enforcement, government agencies, and other authorized third parties (we may be required by law to disclose information for legal reasons);
- existing owners and their employees and agents;
- new owners (in the event we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity); and
- other entities with your consent.
7. Minors’ privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. We do not sell or share personal information to third parties. Therefore, we would not sell or share information about minors.
8. Your rights regarding your personal information
If you are a California resident and you’ve applied for employment with us, the following data privacy rights are available to you:
|You have the right to…
|Know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you, our business purposes for collecting personal information, the categories of sources that we’ve collected personal information from, the categories of third parties that we’ve disclosed personal information to, whether we’ve sold or shared personal information to a third party in the preceding 12 months, and the categories of third parties with which we’ve sold or shared personal information.
Review this Privacy Notice in its entirety to learn more about the personal information we collect, why we collect personal information, the sources from which we collect personal information from, and who we may disclose personal information to.
To request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information we maintain about you, see Section 10 for instructions.
Note: In the past 12 months, we have not sold or shared personal information collected during the employment process. For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “sale” means the disclosure of personal information to a third-party for monetary or other valuable consideration and “share” means the disclosure of personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising.
|Correct inaccurate data
|Request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
You can update your candidate profile by logging in here.
To exercise this right, see Section 10 for instructions.
Note: To the extent required by, and in accordance with applicable law we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct your personal information as directed by you, considering the nature and the purposes of maintaining your personal information. Under certain circumstances, we may not be able to correct your information because we have a legal obligation or other reason in which we must retain it in its current state (e.g., the nature of the data, the source of the data, to comply with law).
|Request that we delete your personal information.
To exercise this right, see Section 10 for instructions.
Note: Under certain circumstances, we may not be able to delete your information because we have a legal obligation or other reason that we must retain it.
|Limit the use of sensitive personal information.
|We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for any purposes other than what is described in this Privacy Notice. As stated above, if you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, please do not use apply for employment with us.
|Opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.
|As stated above, we do not sell or share personal information with third parties.
|Free from discrimination and retaliation
|Be free from discrimination or retaliation for exercising your privacy rights
|We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising your choices and rights.
|Access your personal information that we’ve collected about you in the preceding 12 months following your request.
To exercise this right, see Section 10 for instructions.
Note: You may request that we disclose the above information beyond the 12-month period for personal information collected on or after January 1, 2022, unless doing so proves impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort.
Please note the above-listed rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose or permit access to specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure or access would present a certain level of risk to the security of the personal information, your account with us or the security of our systems or networks. We may decline your request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm the personal information that we maintain belongs to you. If we cannot honor your request, we will let you know.
9. How to exercise your data privacy rights
Please submit your request and the required verifying information by either:
- Clicking here to submit your request online; or
- Calling us at 888-598-1623
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and let you know how long we expect it will take us to complete your request (typically 45 days or less for most requests).
10. How we verify your request
Your identity will be verified by matching certain personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us. We may use a third-party identity verification service to assist us with verifying your identity.
We may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or to understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled.
11. Authorized agents
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Your authorized agent will be required to produce a signed authorization from you and additional identity verification may be required. Authorized agent requests may be made by phone at 888-598-1623.
12. Our data retention practices
We generally retain information for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations and to comply with applicable law. See Section 3 for more information.
13. How we protect personal information
To help us protect your personal information, we maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls.
14. Where personal information is stored
We are located in the United States. Our operations use a network of computers, cloud-based services, and other infrastructure and information technology that are based in the United States. Additionally, we may use third-party service providers that may be located in and process or store your personal information in the United States, the European Union, and other countries.
15. Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. We may notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a notice on our website or in the App. You should check this Privacy Notice frequently for updates.
16. How to contact us
If your questions are not answered in this Privacy Notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Early Warning Services, LLC., Attn: Privacy Office, 5801 N Pima Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85250.