Early Warning Services, LLC Subpoena Process
Instructions for Serving Subpoenas, Court Orders and Search Warrants on Early Warning Services, LLC
**Please read the information below thoroughly. These instructions apply to service of third-party subpoenas upon Early Warning Services, LLC ("Early Warning") in matters to which Early Warning is not a party. Service of process for other legal documents, including civil complaints, or documents to be served upon employees of Early Warning, is not accepted at the address and/or email listed in Section IV below, and should instead be served on our Registered Agent for service of process: COGENCY GLOBAL INC. You can find the most update address for Cogency Global Inc. in your state by going to: https://www.cogencyglobal.com/hubfs/cogencydocs/Raaddress.pdf.
I. SUBPOENAS, COURT ORDERS, AND SEARCH WARRANTS
A. Service of Subpoenas.
Subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants requesting records (collectively referred to below as a "subpoena" or "subpoenas") received from federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, courts and regulatory agencies in the United States can be served on Early Warning Services, LLC ("Early Warning") by sending the subpoena to our Registered Agent for service of process: COGENCY GLOBAL INC. You can find the most update address for Cogency Global Inc. in your state by going to: https://www.cogencyglobal.com/hubfs/cogencydocs/Raaddress.pdf.
Subpoenas sent via email or facsimile will not be accepted by COGENCY GLOBAL INC. Questions about serving a document must be directed to the contact in Section IV below, and not to COGENCY GLOBAL INC.
B. Processing of Subpoenas.
1. All subpoenas must include:
- The full name, title, mailing address, email address, and phone number of the person and/or entity issuing the subpoena; and
- The full name, title, mailing address, email address and phone number of the person to whom responsive documents should be sent.
- Payment of fees applicable in the relevant jurisdiction, made payable to: Early Warning Services, LLC.
- Subpoenas lacking the above information will not be accepted.
2. Subpoenas requesting consumer report information are subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and must:
- Comply with relevant provisions of the FCRA, including 15 U.S.C. § 1681b.
- Contain information sufficient to identify responsive information (e.g. full name, address, date of birth, social security number, etc.).
- Subpoenas lacking sufficient identifying information or permissible purpose under the FCRA will not be accepted.
3. Subpoenas requesting payment transaction information must:
- Contain enrollment information (phone number or email address) of either the sender or recipient of a payment.
- Contain other information sufficient to identify responsive information (e.g. name of the sender or recipient, date, time and amount of transaction, name of financial institution, transaction confirmation number).
- Subpoenas lacking enrollment information will not be accepted.
II. SERVICE OF CIVIL ACTIONS
1. These instructions do not apply to:
- Service of civil actions against Early Warning or its subsidiaries;
- Requests for Consumer Reports by or on behalf of individuals. Please visit https://www.earlywarning.com/consumer-information.html for information about Consumer Reports.
2. Service of process for civil matters must be made pursuant to the rules applicable to the jurisdiction in which the matter is pending.
III. RESPONSE TIME
1. Although Early Warning will typically respond to subpoenas within 30-40 days of receipt; however, due to developments with regard to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, our response times may be considerably longer, and will also vary depending upon the scope of the subpoena and the type of information requested.
2. Early Warning reserves the right to object to subpoenas that are invalid, overlybroad, unduly burdensome, vague or implicate privacy, legal privilege or other legal concerns.
IV. CONTACT INFORMATION
For questions regarding legal documents, please contact Litigation Support at:
Early Warning Services, LLC
Attn: Litigation Support
16552 N. 90th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85260